Saturday, July 18, 2009

Love Birds....

Last year when we first moved to Ohio, one of my favorite things was a pair of doves that would sit on the telephone wire in front of our house. I got used to hearing them and seeing them everyday. Hearing their call was so peaceful and every time I would hear it I would just stop and smile and know that the doves were there. I eventually named them La La and Caleb (after Andy's youngest sister who got married last year). Anyway the other day the kids and I were outside when Porter was yelling at me to look at all of the birds on the wire, and what do you know, there were two sets of doves out there. I am so excited that we have two families now. It is so funny to me how having nature live outside my door on a telephone wire makes me happy, but it just does. I love the doves, I love that they mate for life, and I love that they are back for another year of being our neighbors, and this time they brought their friends.

7-17-09 031

7-17-09 032

7-17-09 036

5 comments:

andrea said...

Those pictures are so fun! I love taking photos of birds on the wires like that....they are so sweet. The doves wings look like a heart in that last one :)

Mike and Em said...

How fun is that. I love watching birds. That is crazy because my mom has two that are on a line in front of her house to. How is Carly feeling? How are you doing?

D said...

Wow you are so lucky so have such fun wildlife that lives around you. Those are some great pictuers. You should make a card out of them next time you have to go to a wedding. Love you and miss you lots.

Ross & Stacie said...

Doves are sweet to watch. We have a couple that hang out in our backyard. However there is some type of little bird that hangs out too, but they LOVE each other alot and often. I want them to move on to someone else's backyard so I don't have to explain anything to Sadee.

Hope Carlee is doing well. I will finally be mailing a package out tomorrow so be looking for it.

The Perks of Life! said...

I love it! So we miss you guys a lot. I can't believe your little boy just rides his bike with no training wheels now, hello! And Tessa turns one tomorrow! We love you guys. Don't know if you know but caleb most likely is getting a job with jet blue which would allow him and his "significant other" to fly anywhere, standby, anytime. Maybe we can come see those birds someday soon!