Monday, June 29, 2009

A broken leg and a broken heart....

7-1-09UT 247



Sunday night Carlee broke her leg....again!!! Same scenario, on the trampoline and tripped. I cannot believe it, this time it is her left leg, so we are two for two. Here we are just two days from going home and she broke her leg!! I am in complete shock.

My heart was breaking as I watched her lay on the x-ray table with her Grandma holding her hand talking about Rainbow Snow, M&M cookies, and painting toe nails. How could this be happening again? I thought we had already put in our time with broken things, but obviously I was wrong.

We had a long night, but Carlee is amazingly brave, only crying when her leg was moved, and all of the rest of the time talking to everyone about the last time she broke her leg on the trampoline, letting everyone know that we go back to Ohio in two days, and she was sure to tell her Aunt Aubrey to "call of her kids" and tell them she broke her leg again.

Me on the other hand, how am I doing? I don't know, good I think, thanks to the support I have here. Between Andy's dad just getting out of the hospital yesterday (yes, he walked in the door, and I was thinking I needed to go out of it and take Car to the ER) and having four procedure's on his kidneys, everyone is pulling together like never before. I think I am just ready to go back to Ohio and get to the orthopedic office, until then she is in a splint while we wait for the swelling to go down.

*this was written Mon 6/29, posted later

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no, that's no good. So when do you guys get back then? Do you need anything?

Candace said...

poor carlee. how does she get around? crutches?