Friday, June 6, 2014

Queen City Tri 2014….

It is that time of year again, training time.  The Queen City Triathlon was happening in East Helena so I thought I would train and give it a shot.  It is such a hard time for a race because it is so early in the season, it is hard to get outside to train and much as necessary, but I still did my best.

My start time wasn't until 10:30, which is late but worked out for me because I had so many other things going on that day with the kids and Andy was working.  It was great to have my training buddies there to support me and cheer me on and to do the race with them, support really helps!  The swim was first and went great.  I would have liked to done it a little faster, but I beat the man I was sharing the lane with so that was good.  The bike was next and was fine too.  It is a little cold when you first get on your bike after being in the pool, but after a while I adjusted.  I was tired already at about mile 10, so I kept saying to myself "just keep peddling", like in Nemo how they say "just keep swimming", it was funny and I made myself laugh.  Oh, and I also took out a few cones when I was turning the corner on to Canyon Ferry, that also made me laugh, so at least I had self entertainment!  The run was last and that is always the hardest.  My legs felt so done and jiggly.  I wish the run was the first thing in a tri, but it never is.  It started to warm up and get vary hot, I was glad to be finishing soon, and I kept thinking how I needed to finish fast to get to the kids.  Oh, and Porter was a stud today and ran a 5k with his friend Dallin.  He has never run that far before, so I was so proud of him for getting out there and trying, he did a great job!

Sometimes when I do these races I wonder why I put myself through it, but I really love it.  I love the training, the goal setting, and realizing that I am stronger and can do more than I give myself credit for.  I also need to give a shout out to my training buddies Nichole and Tiffany.  There are so many times where I would not workout if I wasn't meeting them.  It is so much easier to get off my rear when I know I have to meet my gals.  AND…..a huge shout out to Mishel for helping me through this day, it was so crazy and I could not have done it without you!

So….here's to the next one. 



DSC_1744 Swim, and please notice how I am ahead of the guy next to me….

DSC_1746

DSC_1750 Dallin and Porter after the 5k

DSC_1752
That was easy…

DSC_1756
Not sure I want to get on the bike…

DSC_1758 Kaysie before her swim…

DSC_1783 Tiffany getting ready to rock the bike…

DSC_1801
Kaysie rockin' the run…

DSC_1794
And I'm done and that was hard…

   IMG_4403
Nana and Carlee showed up at the end to cheer me on. I know it's not really fun for them to be at the race, but I hope I can be a good example to them to always try to do things even when they are hard for you.

No comments: