Sunday, June 1, 2014

Just when we thought we were in the clear….

So yeah, it happened, Carlee broke her ankle, AGAIN!!!!

She was riding the motor scooter and just took a corner too fast and that was that.  It was after a super hectic morning and day, so really, it was the icing on the cake.  There are almost no words for what I was feeling.  It was horrible, Carlee was in soooo much pain, crying so hard, and begging to have her crutches.  Reid helped me load Carlee in the car and I called Andy who had just gotten off work and told him to meet me back at the ER.  Part of me was hoping for a miracle and that it would not be broken, but just looking at her ankle and seeing her pain, I knew.  There is nothing worse as a parent to see your child broken and there is nothing you can do about it.  I would give almost anything for Carlee not to have had another broken bone.

We met Andy at the ER and Nana was there too.  The nurse was so sweet to Carlee and Andy got to work right away on getting her an x-ray and a splint.  I just kept rubbing her head hoping that the x-ray would come back normal and that it was just a bad sprain…..but that wasn't the case.  We eventually left the ER with Carlee in her splint and an ice bag.  I was in a slight panic because we had to get Tessa ready for her ballet show and I wanted to go to that, and didn't think Carlee would be up for going, but who was I kidding, it's Carlee!  Of course she wanted to go to the ballet.

IMG_4407

So we went home and got Tessa ready and Carlee put on a dress and brushed her hair and we were off.    Carlee amazes me all of the time.  She is such a strong and happy girl.  Seeing her go through all of this again is such an outer body experience, so not real, but it is!  So we will just wait for the time to pass, and pray for the best.

DSC_1829
Miss Carlee at the ballet….

  DSC_1830
Carlee and Nana…

And here we are a few days later, getting the cast….

  DSC_1832

DSC_1835

DSC_1836

DSC_1838


DSC_1839


DSC_1841

No comments: