Saturday, April 14, 2012

Andy is one Tough Mudder......

Andy is amazing in so many ways.  He has so many strengths about him and he has a mental toughness that I cannot comprehend.  Months ago, after we had done the Warrior Dash together, he decided he wanted to do a race that was actually challenging being that he basically laughed the while way through the Mudder.  In searching he came across the Tough Mudder.  I said no way, but again, he laughed and signed himself up.  He had the best intentions to use the 5 months until the mudder to train, but with his busy schedule, it just didn't happen.  I think he went on maybe ten runs total, but that was all.  Like I said, he is amazing.  The day of the race came and Andy left early in the morning.  I was not planning on going, but Hillary talked me into going and said she would watch the little girls, and I would just take P and C with me to watch.  The weather this day was cold and rainy.  The kids and I were in warm clothes, boots, and had a huge umbrella, it was the perfect weather though for the Mudder.  There was so much traffic I did not make it in time to see Andy start or do much of the race for that fact.  The kids and I spent most of our time running back and forth between the shockers and the ramp wall. We happened to catch Andy running right after the ramp and approaching the schokers at the end. I was trying to get him to slow down so that I could get a picture of him in action, but validly he just wanted to finish. He did just run 12 miles and do some insane obstacles.

4-23-2012 001 Porter and Carlee being silly on the bus ride to the event.

4-23-2012 003 The people at the ramp wall, they are all just standing there thinking how are they going to get up the wall. Can you spot Andy.....no, me either.

4-23-2012 006 Love how this guys leg is flying in the air.

4-23-2012 007
This girl was awesome, but needed a faster running start. Look at how long her legs are.

4-23-2012 013 Most people were doing this, sliding down. The ramp was covered in mud and was wet.

4-23-2012 014
This guys ended up hanging upside down.
*****Andy made it up the wall all by himself, with no one helping him up!!!!!!!! Like I said, he is amazing.

4-23-2012 019  4-23-2012 023
Spotting P and C.

4-23-2012 026 LOVE this picture of him telling Porter about the obstacles.

4-23-2012 027
They were so proud of Andy. I really think anyone could do the Tough Mudder if you really train. There were some people who were there to have fun and you could tell they did not take it seriously. It is all about mental and physical toughness combined and letting go of fears (like Andy's fear of heights). With that being said, I will never do a Tough Mudder.  Great job Andy Bush!!

No comments: