Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November wrap up....

The last half of the month started with the fun arrival of Grandpa Matthew and Grandma KayLee. The night they arrived we went to Buffalo Wild Wings, just to start off the trip right. Early the next morning I took KayLee to the fresh wreath making activity at our church that Sara and I planned. That was a fun to do together and I love having a fresh wreath that I made hanging on my porch.

11-30-2011 005
KayLee and I in the wreath making festivities.

11-30-2011 001
Some of the ladies at our table, love these gals.

On Monday Andy and his Dad went shopping in preparation for their many hunting excursions here. KayLee and I were somewhere, I cannot remember, but I do remember walking in the door and seeing this....

11-30-2011 001

Yes, this is Andy hanging from the pull up bar in a tree stand harness. I guess it is something you would want to test out before being in a tree. This is why I love Andy, he is always making me laugh.

Tuesday was our hot chocolate stand similar to what we did last year, where we sell hot cocoa, wreaths, and jewelry, and donate the money to the cystic fibrosis foundation. Porter and his friend JP are "in charge" of it, but this year Carlee and Wes got to be more involved and also handed out flyer's in their classes, they were so excited. Our friend Ally Zappe who has cystic fibrosis came to support us, it was great to see her and her daughter Olivia. This year we raised more money than last year, the kids were so excited!! It is such a cool thing to see your kids being excited about helping others, especially this time of year. I have to give some serious props to Sara, she gives so much of her own time and money to do this for the kids, you are amazing girl!

11-30-2011 001
Our little stand.

I think I forgot to mention that it was pouring down rain this day! The weather could not have been worse. Andy and his dad spent so much time setting up a great protection for us so that the sell could go on. I was so impressed that people still came despite the weather, although I bet we would have had more if it were not raining.

11-30-2011 005
Wes, Mrs. Brax, and Carlee (their Kindergarten teacher).

11-30-2011 006
Andy and Matthew doing manly things in our garage.

So overall the sale was successful! Thanks to everyone that came and supported us, the kids, and most of all, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

That night, before the kids went to bed, Matthew spent so much time with them making a marble run that went all the way down the stairs. It was awesome. Porter worked on it later and had it start at his bed going all the way down the stairs. It was great while it lasted.......Marin attacked it the next day!

11-30-2011 010

Our Thanksgiving was great, crazy, but great. My friends and I started out the morning with our own little 5 mile turkey trot, which I loved, there was less guilt in all of my over indulgence of the amazing food we had at my house this year.

11-30-2011 001
Hillary, myself, and Mamie (yes I made Andy get out of bed to get a picture of us post run).

Andy went and played football with the guys like always which was good. Then it was time to get down to business, we were hosting a few families, with Andy's parents, an intern Andy works with from CA, and we invited the missionaries, so needless to say we were a full house this year. The food was spectacular, I could not believe how much we had, and there was a great variety of food, it was so fun. The kids loved having their friends here too. It was so cute to hear them singing Christmas songs while they were eating! I love the Thanksgiving holiday, this whole time of year, it's just fun, despite the chaos.

11-30-2011 005
Some of the gang at the dinner table.

11-30-2011 007
I think Carlee had the camera and was taking pictures and that is why we are all laughing.

The day could not have been any better, it went so well. After everyone had gone and things settled down, Andy and I decided to try out the black Friday thing, but that was a no go, too many people. I don't like how they started it at midnight this year, it just wasn't the same.

The next morning, we got up and got ready to go and cut down our tree (I love traditions). It was the most beautiful day and warm, it could not have been better.

11-30-2011 001
On the tractor out to find the tree.

11-30-2011 006

11-30-2011 008
Matthew showing me how tall a tree was, could it be the one??? Nope.

11-30-2011 010
After a while the kids needed a break.

11-30-2011 014
This is the one.

11-30-2011 027
My boys cutting down the tree.

11-30-2011 032
Porter is getting so big.

11-30-2011 033
I think this is my favorite picture from their trip, Matthew and KayLee are so cute!

While we were waiting for the tractor to come and pick us up the kids were jumping to Andy off a big pile of something, they are just crazy.....

11-30-2011 034
Tessa is just cute.

11-30-2011 035
Carlee's turn.

11-30-2011 036
Leave it to P-man to go all out.

11-30-2011 037
The whole crew riding the tractor back to the lot.

11-30-2011 038
When we got back to the lot, our good friends the Stelter's were there waiting to get on...funny!

So that sums it up....we had a great and very busy last half of November. I cannot believe that we are in the last month of 2011! I am trying to soak in as much of our remiaining Ohio time as I can. And, I love this time of year, it is so fun, busy, but fun, so bring it on holidays.

No comments: