Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011....

Easter was later in the year this year, but for some reason, it snuck up on us very quickly, we almost forgot to color Easter eggs!! But when we got around to it, it was a lot of fun. Tessa was so into it, I think this is the first year she may remember. We had a lot of splashes on the table which was funny because it really scared the girls, but Carlee showed Tessa how you are supposed to put your egg into the color. My favorite egg that I did not take a picture of was Porter's fart egg, yeah that's right, I said fart. He took the wax crayon and scribbled all over it, and when I asked him what it was he said it was a fart!! I don't know where he comes up with these things!!

4-24-2010 029
Carlee talking Tessa through what to do.

4-24-2010 032
Marin trying to attack the eggs.

4-24-2010 036
Porter's triple threat egg.

4-24-2010 039
Coloring eggs Marin style.

4-24-2010 037
Tessa trying to be more careful.

4-24-2010 041
The kids could not believe how blue the egg turned out, Tessa literally gasped.

4-24-2010 043
Mommy and Tessa with the finished products.

Easter day was wonderful. It started with me taking the kids to church, Andy had just gotten home from work so he didn't come. I have to give myself props for making it to church with the four kids all dressed up, and not just on time, but early, so that I could practice with the choir. I taught a fun lesson in Relief Society, then we came home to find that the Easter Bunny came while we were at church. The kids were so into it running all over the place finding their eggs and baskets. Later in the afternoon we had some families over for dinner. It was great, tons of food, and good company. I love after everyone leaves and I look to Andy to get his evaluation of the evening, this time he said "today was a good Easter".

4-24-2010 008
The kids in their Easter clothes from Grandma KayLee.

4-24-2010 020
The kids eating dinner, it was the only picture I took of the whole night.

3 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Fart egg??!! Well, Porter is Andy's son, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised. You deserve something special for getting everyone dressed and to church early. How about lunch out with just the two of us?

Lauralee said...

I love that you got a picture of Tessa gasping at the blue egg! You always have such amazing pictures. And you do deserve props for getting them all ready! Way to go!

andrea said...

The fart egg thing has made me laugh several times at random. Also, that photo of Marin with the egg dipper thing in her mouth is hysterical. Oh how I miss my Ohio family. I could seriously cry just thinking about you guys if i let myself get that emo. I MISS you.