Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A couple of non-emergent emergencies....

First I will start with Porter. It began with him being excited to go to school and the whole getting ready process. He was doing kicks and flips off of the furniture like a mad man, you know, where I have to say "Porter" about 10 times but he knows he is not in trouble and I am laughing. That ended with him landing a little too hard on his finger. He was rolling on the ground, making faces, saying ooohhh and awwwww, I knew he was not hurt, he was just playing out the whole thing. Meanwhile, Carlee walks in and here is how the conversation panned out:

Carlee: Porter what is wrong?
Porter: I hurt my finger when I jumped down.
Carlee: Which finger is it?
Porter: It is my index finger.
Porter again: Oh no, this is an emergency!!!!
Carlee: Why?
Porter: My index finger is the finger I use to pick my nose, now I will have to use a tissue and blow my boogers out!!
Carlee: laughing........

3-3-2010 023

Next is Carlee's story. yesterday the kids were outside playing in the snow for about 5 minutes when I heard crying. In come the kids and Porter immediatley says "I said sorry, it was an accident." I look at Carlee who is totally crying and bleeding from the bridge on her nose. I asked Porter what happened and he said that they were shoveling and his shovel hit her in the nose. Of course it would happen to Carlee, that girl cannot catch a break. So I got her ice and a towel and wipped the blood away. The cut is not large at all, but it is on her face and was pulling apart a bit. So after 5 calls to Andy and 2 pages, I decided to just go to the hospital and find Andy to see what he said. (Thanks Aubrey for answering your phone and listening.) He was getting off when I got there and came out to the car, looked at the small lac, went back into the ER for about 2 minutes, then returned with gauze, a bottle of saline, and some glue. He began to take care of things in the car, when I suggested that we just go home, he was just so excited to do something that was not Internal Medicine or ICU. We got home and he cleaned her up and fixed her little cut without having to use the Dermabond. Carlee was so tough while Andy was wiping, etc. on her forehead, she said it would be silly if she cried so she wasn't going to, that girl is tough.

3-3-2010 018

3-3-2010 021

So there it is, a few of our crazy moments that make our family what it is. At times I feel like a crazy person and a little exhausted at the end of the day, but it is life and ours sure is exciting at times.

4 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Oh my...what a post. Where to start? First of all, thank you for cleaning his finger before you took the picture. I'm glad this was only a temporary problem and much better after a little laughter. Second, poor Carlee! She is going to have a lot of stories to tell when she grows up. It is nice to see Andy is finally taking care of someone in the family. $200 grand later and he knows how to wipe the blood off Carlee's face;)

Erin said...

Oh, porter is so much like his dad!
Who thinks to say such cute stuff? I love it! Poor little Carlee, but I am very impressed with her bravery, and now she has cool cut to show off to all of her friends at school! Thanks for a glimps into your sweet and sometimes chaotic life. Love you!

andrea said...

All I have to say is your kids personalities are so different and HILARIOUS! I am glad I know them so well, that I totally get the story and all the details! The index finger story kills me! So funny. Poor little Carlee and all her misfortunes, good thing her daddy is a Doctor. Love you guys!!

Mike and Em said...

Shay, that is great! Too bad Caelee couldn't have had that for porters party. She would have fit right in. Your kids are a good time!