Friday, March 19, 2010

It is all something I never imagined....

Starting with the fact that I am 19 weeks pregnant, something I never imagined at this point in my life. (And for those who did not know or have not caught on, I am pregnant with baby number 4, due in August.) I am not saying that a fourth child was out of the picture, but maybe just not until Andy was done with residency. Obviously I am still coping with the thought of bringing another baby into our crazy life. There are times when I think "how did this happen" when clearly I know how it happened, but I am still in shock!

The next thing I never imagined is that we would have one boy and three girls!!! Yes, we are having another girl. We had our ultrasound yesterday and things were very clear, there is nothing between the legs. I was immediately very disappointed that I am not able to give Porter the baby brother that he so badly wanted, but I know that we are getting another girl for a reason. It makes me think even more about the amazing boy that Porter is, he has the most amazing personality, I am so lucky to have him. And adding another girl to go along with Carlee and Tessa's personalities will be interesting, but I like interesting. Andy's response to the girl thing was "great, now we have to come up with another girl name."

The ultrasound went great, baby is healthy, has all four limbs, fingers, toes, a mouth that was open and moving most of the scan, a four chamber heart, a spine that looks amazing, the whole thing is amazing.

Baby girl

So until August, I will be re-arraning the kids rooms, trying to find the baby clothes, figuring out a way to change my e-mail address and our blog address, and thinking of a name.

8 comments:

Meridith O. said...

Don't worry, you're not in the boat alone, my fourth is due the end of October and I am FREAKING out!!! It is exciting news though, congrats! You are a great Mom and it will all work out! Miss you!

Jill said...

I love it. I'm so happy you're having another girl. There are three girls in my family and we are best friends. Your girls will be like that too. It will be awesome. I can't wait until August!

Lauralee said...

ah, that's precisely why I hope we don't have a boy-we'd have to think of another name! That is serious business! But you ARE a great mom, you are an amazing mom. You can do it, and eventually it will be weird to think of only having three right?

Mike and Em said...

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! SHAY!!!I am so excited for you. How fun is that going to be. That is sad that Porter will not have a brother, but he is such a great boy. I am so happy for you. The girls will be such good friends as they grow up. I love you and miss you!

Erin said...

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that everything is perfectly healthy with your new little one! And another girl, I love it. Love, love, love little girls. Your three girls couldn't ask for a more perfect big brother either. Looking forward to hearing the name you choose:)

The Perks of Life! said...

Being that Carlee and Tessa are the most beautiful girls ever... we couldn't be more excited! We're happy to hear baby is well. You are such a good mom shay and we all know andy is a great dad. No wonder you guys are pregnant, even if it wasn't the "plan". Once this little angel has arrived we will never be able to imagine life without her. Love you!

andrea said...

I love you and everything seems crazy to you now, I know. But it will all work out. Call me if you need to vent:) I personally am very excited to meet another beautiful daughter of yours!

Summer said...

Shay, Shay, Shay, I don't even know where to begin.... You are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. You are an amazing mom to those 3 little ones and you will be an amazing mom to little Lilly!! (Just throwing that name out there, feel free to use it:)) I am so happy for you, and can definitely feel your pain in a "surprise baby." (I like to refer to it as an accident, but have gotten in trouble for that!) I love you and your little ones and can't wait to meet this sweet little girl and all she has to offer. You are right though, Porter is an awesome big brother. You couldn't ask for a much better boy than him. Congratulations on a little girl, and good luck with choosing a name!!!

I think it's time for another trip out there, next month maybe? Let me know what you think...