Sunday, January 17, 2010

Through the fog....

This morning when I woke up and walked down to the back window to see what the weather had in store for us today I saw this family of cardinals through the fog. I love the cardinals and had never seen one until we moved here. Now I get to see them all of the time and I feel so lucky. The bright red color of the male is shocking at times, and just as shocking is that the female practically has no color at all, whad' up with that? (yes, a total referance to SNL, click to watch, and so you know, the guy in the red jumpsuit is my favorite)

Cardinal Family

6 comments:

The Coombs Family said...

So beautiful! The cardinals remind me of Maine. Hope you guys are having a fun winter!!!

Erin said...

That is so beautiful. Lucky you to wake up to that!

Coil Fam said...

They really are beautiful. Isn't wonderful? The tender mercies I mean. Isn't it wonderful how the Lord finds a way to give us a little sunlight on a typically foggy day. Great blog!

The Perks of Life! said...

Cool picture! Your comment makes me think about how boys, or should I say Porter, ALWAYS have long beautiful dark curly eyelashes. Whad up with that? Maybe the big man upstairs knew boys would never wear mascara so he made their eyelashes beautiful in the first place.

andrea said...

I used to love seeing Cardinals too :( They are beautiful! I couldn't believe how bright they were either!

Mike and Em said...

How Beautiful is that! You lucky girl. I have never seen one of those birds.