Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow + Sun = Sledding

Saturday was a day of sledding, literally all day. We headed out in the morning, took a break for lunch at Mc Donalds (which made Porter's life), went grocery shopping, and then back to the hill with friends for another round. It was so fun to be outside and to feel the sun on our faces again, it has been so long.

And on another note, you could say it was my first time of really sledding. I have been before but it was different than this. I was afraid the first time I went down the hill on Saturday. I made the run with Porter who was also a little afraid to be sitting in the front of the sled, so I had to be tough. When we got to the bottom of the hill after screaming our heads off I said "see that wasn't so bad." I was facing Porter when the words came out of my mouth, but I knew that I was talking to myself, and not that it is all over I can't wait to go again!

1-10-09 034

1-10-09 022

1-10-09 025

1-10-09 026

1-10-09 028

1-10-09 030
As you can see from the photos that Andy put Tessa on Porter's lap, HELLO! (only my husband) You can see that Tessa is almost off Porter's lap at one point, Andy claims that he had a hold of her the whole time, I still don't know if I believe that or not. When they finally stopped Porter just layed there and would not let go of Tessa, he was so afraid of hurting her, he's the best big brother, and now possibly traumatized from the experience.



On another, another note, when I downloaded these pictures, I found Andy had taken some pictures I didn't know about. Here is Porter and Tessa eating the "Sugar cereal" also know as Cinnamon Toast Crunch one of my personal favorites.

1-10-09 036
She has the best smile.

9 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

I'm coming out of the blog stalking closet!! My two oldest were sledding at the rec center Saturday afternoon...did you see them? Have you ever seen them? It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It was the perfect day for sledding!

-Amy

Jill said...

The best part is Carlee's cape! She rocks.

Coil Fam said...

I love the cape too, and Porter holding onto Tessa for dear life, and Tessa's sugar loaded, cheesy grin, and I love Carlee's LONG pigtails and I love the video and how Andy had to be sure they rolled over at the very end. SO FUN!

Jessie Gold Price said...

Shay! Those pictures are classic! I went sledding the other day too, on a baking sheet! I had a blast, except I remembered that I'm not as young as I used to be! My bum is very sore, especially since I hit a jump on accident! Haha. I hope things are well with you and your family! Love ya!

Erin said...

Wow, what a hill! Sledding is the best, I love it. Carlees cape is so stinkin cute. Porter, what a doll! The girls are so lucky to have such a sweet and protective brother. We miss you guys so much. Emry found pluto today and I guess it sparked a memory so she asked me several times if we could go to ohio (to see Porter, Carlee and Tessa) today...oh again, we miss you guys.

Chris and Aubrey said...

What a blast. One of our favorite past times as kids. Andy, Mike and I would spend hours in Littleton going down the big hills. To be a kid again and not have to worry. Love you guys.

The Perks of Life! said...

Love the pictures and especially the cape. Shay I need to go sledding with you because I am soo terrified of the sport and maybe you could help me conquer my fear. :) And I love the video, but I have to say hearing your voice on that makes me so homesick for you. And tessa's face, you can totally blame that face on Andy, you know Andy was making the exact same face at her when he was taking the picture. I've seen that face on Andy more than I've seen a normal face on him. :)

andrea said...

ADORABLE! So happy to see Carlee wearing her cape :) I want Tessa NOW! I have things to talk to you about...I'll call you tomorrow. Don't get your hopes up I am not pregnant ;)

Leymaster Family said...

We had a blast sledding with you. Can we do it again soon?