Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ending our year in Utah…

When I realized that I would be going to Rexburg for our friends sealing, I decided I might as well another 3 hours and be in Utah and see family.  Andy was working everyday until the new year, so I figured why not, and it would be a fun way to spend the rest of the break.

We arrived in Centerville around dinner time and wasted no time at all to have fun.  In sitting around and talking with KayLee and Carlee, we decided to hop in the car and go get Carlee's ears pierced.  She has been waiting so patiently since her birthday in October, but there are no places in Helena to have your ears pierced, so we haven't done it.  It was so exciting to be doing this with Grandma KayLee and all the kids and cousin Sammie came too!  We went to the Claires in Farmington and luckily there was no wait and Carlee hopped right up in the chair and chose her blue flower stud earrings.  The closer it came to the actual piercing, the more nervous Carlee was, but she never backed down.  Marin was so cute to hold her hand while the rest of us tried to document the moment on video, cell phones, and cameras.  Then it was done and over in 2 seconds and that was that, done, and pierced.   There were no tears, just a little red and sore, Carlee did amazing.  Porter, Tessa, and Marin were so proud of her, as was I.

The next morning, Sunday, KayLee and I thought it would be fun to head down to temple square and watch the MOTAB perform, we made Porter and Carlee come along.  Going downtown to watch them perform is never a disappointment, brings tears to my eyes every time, the music is so moving…..so moving that Porter fell asleep and slept through the whole thing!  After the concert we took a few minutes to walk around the Salt Lake Temple, it was cold, so that didn't last long. The rest of the Sunday was spent being together and hanging out with the fam and the cousins playing.

Monday, KayLee and D were brave enough to go on a shopping adventure down past Salt Lake.  We had fun trying on clothes and dresses etc. and then had lunch at Chik-fil-A.  Porter stayed home with Grandpa and did men things like going to the outdoor store and shooting bows.  After shopping D, Erin, and I took all the kids to Get Air, the extreme trampoline park.  The kids had a blast and got all sweaty which equals success.

Our last day in Utah was pretty chill, we just hung with Grandma, went to a few stores and visited more with family.  It was New Years Eve, so I let Porter and Carlee sleep over at the Tyler's, which they had a blast staying up late doing fireworks and being with their cousins.  Tessa, Marin, and I hung out until Marin fell asleep, so Tessa was my date.  I woke up New Years Day and headed back to Montana.  Again, the kids were so great on the drive.  I think they know that when we do this drive without Dad that they all need to help out more.  I am so happy that I decided to make the trip down there, we always make memories that we wouldn't have other wise.


























































No comments: