Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rocket Wrestling....

Porter decided that he wanted to try out wrestling this year and of course Andy was all for it being that he wrestled in high school. At first I was very hesitant to let Porter do it, but he loved it. He had no idea what he was doing, but that is what it is all about right, learning and trying something new. We haven't been able to attend all of the meets because they are on Sunday's, but the coach set up some mock meets that we have gone to. I have also learned so much about the sport and have decided that I never gave Andy the full credit he deserved for being involved in such a hard sport. I really do enjoy watching it, it's very intense and scary.

2-10-11 001

2-10-11 003

2-10-11 023
Some post wrestling coaching with Dad.

2-10-11 028
Porter and his friend Keegan.

2-10-11 020
The girls love the meets because they play with friends the whole time. Ella, Tessa, Carlee, Meridith.

4 comments:

Coil Fam said...

I understand the nerves involved with watching one of your children be twisted into knots and
then thrown on the ground. It is nailbiting, but I'm glad you understand how fun it is for Porter...and for Andy.

danilawson said...

"PIN HIM, PIN HIM, TWIST HIM LIKE A PRETZEL SHOW HIM HOW TO WRESTL, PIN HIM" I went to almost every wrestling meet Andy had and Lauren and I would not take our eye's of the cheerleaders that to me was the best part.

Good Job P-MAN, I know your dad has a couple of secret moves that he would practice on me when I was little, so you need to pin him for me. Love you and that is way cool.

Erin said...

Way to go Porter!! He looks so TOUGH in his wrestling uniform. You are a wonderful mom for making sure he is able to be involved in so many things. The pictures of the girls all together is so cute too, looks like the family is all having a great time.

Coil Fam said...

This is probably the hundredth time I have checked out these pictures. Some make me laugh and some make me have an "Aww" moment, but one thing they all do is make me miss all of you.