Saturday, February 12, 2011

Porter turns S-E-V-E-N......

I think that I was in complete denial about Porter turning seven, that is so old!! This was his family birthday year so we started the festivities off with a surprise trip to Chuck E Cheese. Andy asked me to take him out of school early and meet him there and not to tell the kids where we were going. As we pulled into the parking lot of Chuck E Cheese the kids were yelling and screaming with excitement, but then Carlee said "this would be so fun as a family if dad were here." Just then Andy walked up to the van and scared the kids. Porter was so excited to have Andy there, he gave him the biggest hug.

2-10-11 003

2-10-11 007

2-10-11 011

2-10-11 014

The next day Tessa and I made Porter a b-day cake, that was the only focus for the day. Porter went back and forth for months on what kind of cake he wanted and Tessa and I ended up making this for him...

2-10-11 002

2-10-11 026

To make the celebration offical we took Porter and his best friend JP and their family bowling. It was kids versus the parents. It was so fun, the kids were cheering each other on, high fiving, and jumping up and down, it was so cute, but very serious too. The most important thing is I beat everybody, yes, adults included. I guess my bowling league skills are still in tact.

2-10-11 004
Andy doing his "I am the master hands"

2-10-11 006
Look at Carlee and Wes holding hands...

2-10-11 009
Tessa and Truman

2-10-11 014
Jp and the birthday boy (Porter is wearing the birthday hat my mom got for us from Disneyland, we have the kids wear it on their birthdays)

2-10-11 015
This is how they usually look

2-10-11 022
My super star

After bowling we came back to our house and had cake and ice cream. Porter was so excited about his cake, what is it about the cake that makes a birthday?

2-10-11 029

2-10-11 030

2-10-11 037

5 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Love, love, love the picture of Carlee and Porter on the ride together. That is so much how I think of Carlee, always grinning ear to ear. What a fun day for our P-man.

danilawson said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY P-MAN!!!!!!! I am so glad to see the cake, turned out soo cute! I mean awesome, no 7 year old wants a cute cake. I love the hat idea; I need to get one before Logan’s Birthday. P-man could not have had a better party, man he will want to have a family party every year, bowling, chuck-e-cheese, and then a Sponge Bob cake, you definitely made his day special.

danilawson said...

PS You and Marin are BEAUTIFUL!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Porter!! I'm with you, how can he be seven already!?! He is such a cute kid with a darling personality! Great job on making his birthday special for him!

The Coombs Family said...

Once again...can't believe how quickly time goes-by. Look like Porter had a wonderful birthday! Give him a birthday hug from the Coombs fam. The kids all look so great! Hope you are all doing well.