Thursday, October 7, 2010

Andy is 32 and Carlee is 5....

Andy is feeling old because he has a first grader, I have been hearing him say that a lot lately. He should be feeling old because he is 32 now which is almost forty (just kidding, it is an inside joke). Anyway, I think Andy had a good b-day, it included getting a deer tag, getting some great b-day cards in the mail, and dinner at the Olive Garden.

Carlee is five today and I cannot beleive it. This is the first year that I did not have a b-day party for her, but she still had a ton of fun. She started out her day going to "pre-school" and Sara had written 5's all over her front window and had a birthday sign hanging, it was so cute. Then her friend Ella took her for ice cream (thanks Kim), and then she came home and opened her big present....a big girl Barbie bike!! Andy hurried and put it together so we could walk and pick P up from school. On our way home we stopped at the new skate park which is so fun and Porter has been dying to use his Razor there. I immediately got on making dinner so that we could have cake and celebrate. Carlee wanted a Barbie cake so I surprised her with this....

10-7-2010 029

needless to say she loved it. Here she is on her bike, it is such a cute bike and deserves a blog post of it's own.

10-7-2010 018

We had a great past couple of days. I love my little family. Dinner was so fun tonight when we were talking to Carlee asking her all of her favorite things (movie, dinner, place, etc.) Then I was reminded by KayLee of this funny video that I posted forever of Carlee, it is one of my favorites of her, she is so little and cute. Where does the time go?

6 comments:

Jill said...

Carlee sent Jenna a text message that said we could sing "Happy Birthday" to her (hehe!) so "Happy Birthday Carlee!" And, we did NOT know it was Andy's b-day too. Might have to do something about that.... !

D said...

What a FUN two days in the Coil home. I can't even believe that Andy is 32, and not only is that almost 40, but it is half of 64. (Inside Joke for me) And Carlee is now 5. Carlee is so lucky to have such a loving family, friends and teacher to make her day so special, and it’s still not over because when Lauren and Caleb get there bowling and more partying in her honor. Oh, and the cake is adorable, great job.

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Carlee and Andy! I had so much fun talking on the phone to Carlee today and then hearing her and Emry talk. My favorite was when Carlee told us that you made her a barbie cake and you just "stuck" the barbie in the middle:) she is sooo cute! Wonderful job on the cake and I'm glad she had such a fabuous day.

andrea said...

You don't have a little family anymore Shay! :) So glad she had such a great Birthday & I am hoping Andy isn't offended that he only got a mention in Carlee's card! Still not quite in the normal grove over here I guess. But monopoly deal will count twice for the boys this year eh? haha I love you guys so much & wish we could've gone to Cheesecake factory for avocado egg rolls & a movie for his Birthday.

Leymaster Family said...

Happy Birthday - Andy you run fast for how old you are (I think that the seniors marathon bracket starts at 34!)

Lauralee said...

that cake is awesome! I love it. Happy late birthday too both of you!