Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our trip to Utah....

We have just returned home from a very exciting, fun, and super exhausting trip to Utah. We were so lucky to be able to go, Andy had not been home in two years and this was also his first vacation since we have moved here. It was so great to see everyone and spend time together and to see all the babies grown up to little toddlers. I am so lucky to be a part of such a great family.

I cannot believe how quickly the time goes by, 8 days is fast when you are going 90 miles an hour. Our days were filled with visits to Grandma Pat's, a BBQ with family and great friends, pedicures, a tea party in Grandma Great's room, Girls Favorite Things night and a movie, going to the Family History Library downtown, the temple (multiple times), dinners (everything involves food ya know), mens fishing trips, a party with Cinderella, games (Catan, TTR, and Skip-Bo), and a night at the new Heber Valley Camp.


Tessa and Great Grandma Pat


The original OG gang, so good to be back together again!!


Madison getting her first pedicure.


Girls favorite things night was so much fun!! We went to this awesome italian place downtown that I cannot think of the name right now and then afterwards we went and saw a chick flick!
The favorite things that were given were: KayLee-memory photo book of 2009 and a rosette flower pin, Aubrey-a giant towel bag for the beach or pool, Shay-a handstamped keychain, D-recipe blog and platters, Erin-note cards, La La-necklaces, Grandma Great-room scents from BBW.


One of the mens fishing trips.


Tessa and Cinderella.


Cinderella and Carlee.


The cousins with their slip and slide day in the sun.


Our little fam up at the Heber Valley Camp.


The big family on the ropes course, this was at Shark Island.


Andy braving through his fear of heights.


My girls looking for bugs to put in their bug catchers (thanks aunt Erin!).

Wow, going through the pictures is so fun, we made some awesome memories. Thanks to everyone in the family for making such an effort to be with us and for always coming down to Grandma's. Thank you to Matthew, KayLee, and Grandma Great for making it possible for us to come and visit, you made the kids year by giving them this trip.
We love you all so much!

6 comments:

Jessie Gold Price said...

Shay! I'm so sad that I didnt get to see you guys when you were here! I tried, I promise. But everytime I asked you guys were doing something fun! I'm so sorry! But I'm glad you had a good time! Miss ya!

Lauralee said...

That looks like so much fun. I'm glad you got to go!

The Perks of Life! said...

Saying goodbye seriously was the worst this time!!! I swear your kids just get cuter and cuter and it makes things that much harder. Caleb and I sincerely feel like your kids enjoy being around us and it makes us feel so good. And I'm crying as I write this thinking about how we wish we could see you all more. (Hope this doesn't sound cheesy but it's true...) Porter, Carlee, and Tessa aren't afraid to hug us, talk to us, snuggle on the front porch with us. Oh man we miss you guys. We said see ya later Saturday night and now it's later... I'm sure your laundry is caught up by now, the kids have seen Molly now, you've slept in your own beds for a few nights, so now it's time to come back! It was the perfect week and we had so much fun! Love you all.

Christina M Dely said...

Shay you look great! I love seeing you included in some of the photos! Sounds like a busy & fun trip. Hope you are doing great! XoXo

andrea said...

I am glad you had fun! I just can't believe we are sitting here in Roy, Utah and we missed you by that short of time. It makes me seriously crazy. BOO! Well, I am half way through the hiding place and just love it. It is full of wisdom I am happy to take in, and I love you for always knowing what I need :) Miss you bestest friend!

Erin said...

oh shay we miss so much!! The time that you were here went by way to fast, but so is the story when you are having a fabulous time! How did we fit so much into ten days? Your kids are just adorable and I love being with them, Lauren is right, it takes them no time at all to warm up to people, they are just sweet! Love you!!