Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I never really liked baseball until now....

Baseball has never been a favorite spot of mine, there is a lot of standing around and not as much action as other sports. I don't mind going to an occasional Major League game here and there, but it is not something I would choose to watch over football, well, not until last night anyway.

Porter had his first coach pitch game last night and it was awesome. I was so proud of him for just going out there and trying something new, and he was good at it! He is on a coach pitch team and they go through the line up so each player has a turn to hit each inning. I don't think they even kept score, it is more about just learning the basics of the game. After it was all said and done Porter has said he likes the hitting part the best, there is too much waiting when you are in the outfield. It will be interesting to see if he wants to play next year.






Porter is number 40.


Porter and his friend JP, I am so glad they are on the same team!

6 comments:

Lauralee said...

That's great! I agree-not much of a baseball fan. But I bet they are so fun to watch.

Coil Fam said...

I remember the little league days. Andy and Mike used to get bored playing, but the parents always enjoyed watching the kids try to catch, throw and hit. I love the pictures. Thanks for keeping me updated on all the buckeye activities.

Christina M Dely said...

What a great reason to take it up! I bet you are one proud mama :)

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Porter looks so stinkin cute in his baseball hat!! I bet it is so much fun being outside as a family and watching him have a great time. Those pictures are terrific too, you are a great mom!

The Perks of Life! said...

Porter's first baseball game and he's already hitting the ball clear into left field past third baseman. (I still can't do that.) Tell him to just keep running next time, he could've totally made it home. Can't wait to see his hits on the last game of the season. Mr. Grand Slam in the making. Seriously though he is a natural born athlete and will excel at everything he does. I WILL make it to one of his games this summer! I sooo want to! I should just come now considering I don't have a job...