Monday, July 9, 2012

Porter's Baptism

Porter's baptism was so much more than I ever imagined it would be. We spent the morning with the family just hanging out and getting ready. Andy and Porter woke up early and went to get Porter a haircut and to buy some tighty whities for underneath his baptism suit. When we got to the church a little early and got all settleted and Andy took Porter to change into his white suit. We spent some time outside taking pictures of him and Andy and then headed into the church for the program. Porter was lucky enough to share his special day with another child in our ward and their family had some great speakers. Then we had a very touching musical number by Erin and Lauren and then it was off to the baptismal font. The spirit was just so strong and I was so touched to see the two most important boys in my life in the font. Porter gave me the cutest smile and the tears filled my eyes. I could tell after Porter came out of the water that he felt special and realized how important that moment was. We all went back into the chapel while we waited for Porter to change and get dry. I had a moment where I looked around and I was so touched to see all of our loved ones there amd I was so grateful for those who came to support Porter and our family on such a special day. Porter and Andy walked in and they both looked so handsome. When we were all settled, we gave some time to any who wanted to get up and share something about Porter. KayLee got up and shared some special memories of Porter and gave him a quilt that she had made him to help to always "comfort" him. After KayLee spoke our new Bishop got up and spoke to us and it was so nice. He made me feel like we were truly home. We ended with a prayer and then headed out for pictures. It was such a great morning and so much more than I was prepared for. I am so proud of Porter for choosing on his own to be baptized in the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is such a good kid and I am so looking forward to the man he is going to become.

Pre-Baptism pics

8-17-2012 003

7-8-2012 011

7-8-2012 013
Post-Baptism pics

8-17-2012 009
Porter with Nana and Gramps

7-8-2012 027
The Coil family

7-8-2012 028 Being silly.

7-8-2012 030 Andy's Aunt Christime and Uncle Glen came from Bozeman.

7-8-2012 033
Andy and I with our boy.

7-8-2012 035
A big kiss at the end of a great morning.

Love you Porter.

1 comment:

The Lovinger's said...

Oh man, those pics of Andy and Porter before the baptism totallyade me tear up. Those are some great guys you have there.