Thursday, May 3, 2012

Our trip to find a home....

Carlee and I had a fun "mother-daughter" trip to Montana to look for a place for our family to live when we get there in June. It was so fun to get there and know that Helena is going to be the place that we call home for a VERY long time. We did not arrive in Helena until midnight our first night, so we went straight to bed as soon as we got back to my units house. The next morning, I had a few appointments before meeting with the realtor which left my dad in charge of Carlee for the day while Nana was at work. I think they had a fun day running errands, buying cowgirl boots, and Carlee loved driving around in a car that she was able to watch a movie in. I was super busy with the realtor driving around all day looking at rental and buy options.

It was very hard to be there going through this process alone without Andy, but any house that I liked I took video of so that I could show him when I got home. Any time I told him that I just couldn't do this without him, he just reminded me that I HAD to do it, we HAD to have a place to live. I can't even begin to say how nice it was to be there and have family with me. Carlee was in heaven the whole time with her Grandpa and Nana, and I was in heaven too, to have someone to look at options with me and to talk it through with.  We had a wonderful time together!  (thanks for everything!)

The process is finally over and we are so lucky to have found a house, but the whole thing seems so surreal to me. I have so much to do here in Ohio that being settled in a new house is something I cannot wrap my mind around. This whole thing is about a one million step process and I feel like I am still on step 1, but I cannot wait to get further in the process and make it to the final step. This is a very hard and stressful time for all of us, there is so much to do, but I know it is for a good reason and we can do it! I am just so ready to move on!!

 5-7-2012 002 My Dad and Carlee getting ready to head out on the 4-wheeler. She loved this!!

5-7-2012 003
Carlee and Nana looking at Nana's fly's that she tied.

 5-7-2012 011 Carlee was so excited to get to go in the big tub, she could not get over all of the bubbles.

5-7-2012 012 Happy girl.

No comments: