Saturday, December 17, 2011

Surprise Attack!

I have been so lucky throughout my life to have met amazing people and to have made some great friends. Each person has touched me in such a way that I will never forget. Andy and I have been away from family for so long that I truly find friends that become like family to me, that is how it has been my whole life (shout out to my Cali peeps and Utah peeps!!).

So I have a few friends here who I don't hang with a ton, but we talk on the phone, see each other at church, and in passing for pre-school carpool. It had been a while since we all got the chance to get together and just talk and catch up, so Kim organized a little breakfast (BWC style). It was great, she made crepes that were to die for! As were sitting there at her table she says "So Shay, do you know why we are really here?" I was of course totally confused and said "no, well, yes, for breakfast." Kim just laughed and said "nope, we are taking you to get your ears pierced! Are you scared??" And off we went to Claires, well after I went home to get Carlee and Tessa.

12-19-2011 008
Kim, Kari and her sweet baby Sophia, myself (the victim), and Sara.

12-19-2011 011
The location of the event.

12-19-2011 012
Me signing my life away holding the Calire bear for comfort.

12-19-2011 015
My big supporters.

12-19-2011 022
And here I am, such a big girl with her ears pierced! Glad that is over with.

Thanks gals for such a fun morning! Love ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shay,

I was searching for my GF's blog and came across your interesting one about with a great story about you being suprised when your GF's took you to have your ears pierced as an adult. When I read it, it reminded me of a similar situation with me and my 2 girls, one aged 3 and the other 17 mos.

Like you, I was late in life getting my ears pierced last christmas at age 24. When I came home, my two girls immediately notice my pierced earrings and wanted "earwigs" too like mommy! What to do? I asked our ped about having my two girls ears pierced and she encouraged me to go ahead when mommy could care for them.

Our ped gave me some tips for our YDD's ears pierced. She said, it have become more popular to pierce newborns, infants and little girls ears and much safer with the newer ear piercing instruments than the traditional methods of using a needle, thread by the mother or grandmother. She encouraged me to go ahead and pierce our both girls ears with some suggestions for moms having their little girls ears pierced which included finding the right place, type of earrings to use and aftercare of newly pierced ears.

Finally, I kept seeing more and more babies and little girls with cute earrings and that pushed me to go ahead. I followed our ped's tips I took her to Piercing Pagoda and both did fine shedding only a few tears.

Shay, I don't know if you considered having your girl's ears pierced now or even if they've asked, but promise doing it earlier is better.
Write me if you'd like our ped's tips.

Amy
Amyswor@hotmail.com