Saturday, January 22, 2011

My little peanut is 5 months old....

I cannot believe how quickly time has gone by with Marin. I feel it happening, the whole "4th child thing". You know where you don't take pictures of them, don't make them a scrapbook, things like that, and I don't like that. This post is all for Marin. She has been changing so much so fast. She is now starting to sit up, standing (partially bent over), grabbing toys, eating paper (particularly Porter's homework), sticking her tongue out when she smiles, and arching her back while attempting to roll over. Marin is such a happy baby. Andy and I decided last night that her first word is going to be "hi" because we are always saying it to her when she smiles at us so big (I think she has already said "hi" a few times but don't know if it is possible for a 5 month old to say anything). Oh, and we call her our little peanut. Porter was our mister man, Carlee was my sweet potato or chunky monkey (she really got that name from the Shauberger's), Tessa was The Chub. It's funny how we have named each child twice.

Here are some pictures of Marin helping me with dinner. I love the bumbo seat (thanks Jill for letting us borrow it!)

Marin helping with dinner

1-22-2011 004

1-22-2011 005

The next few pictures are of Marin when we were cleaning her room. I found this cowboy hat that we bought for Porter and now each kid has had a turn wearing it. Marin was all smiles and talking until I put it on her, then you could tell she was not so sure about what was touching her.

trying it on for size

1-22-2011 015

pucker lips

1-22-2011 026

1-22-2011 031
Porter is seriously the best big brother, I think they look alike here.

1-22-2011 034
Carlee of course had to run in for the pic. Poor Marin lives her life being smothered.

1-22-2011 040
Always playing, Marin loves the raspberries on her belly.

I am just so grateful for this little peanut in my life. She brings so many smiles to my face each day. I love her eyes, they are truly filled with joy. I love her Donald Trump hair that everyone says I should cut (which I am so not doing), I love her big rolly thighs, and I love her dimple, oh that dimple has major ability to melt any heart. As I am writing this, she is sitting in the high chair behind me and I keep looking back at her, each time I do, she is smiling at me. I am so loved and so is she.

**5 Month Stats**
Weight 15 1/2 pounds 90%
Length 25 1/2 inches 90%
Head 41 cm 50%

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

oh I love the dimple too! That first picture I thought was Tessa at first glance! She is getting chubbier-so sweet. And I'm glad your not cutting the donald trump hair. It's awesome!