Sunday, May 4, 2014

Halcyon….

Mishel and I had the most amazing girls weekend!  And to think there was a moment where I was considering not going!

Lauren told me months ago that Ellie Goulding was coming to Saltair in SLC and immediately was dying.  I have been waiting for her to come close to me for years!  She has always been one of my favorite people to run to.  Her music is just the bomb and I had heard that she is a great performer.  We left on Thursday morning and drove down to SLC where we stayed at the Sheraton right downtown because I had hotel points for there.  It was such a nice hotel and a great location.  We were meeting Lauren, KayLee, Erin, and D at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  We didn't have much time to get ready, but it was fun to do each other's hair and get ready together.  We hitched a ride to the restaurant, had a blast laughing and chatting over dinner, and then we loaded up in Lauren's car to drive to Saltair.

The venue was crazy small and all general admission, but that is what made the whole experience what it was.  We were able to get right up in the front and had an amazing view of the opening artist, Conway.  She was a total rocker and now she has a new fan.  And then it was time for Ellie!  She was everything I hoped she would be in a performer, just so fun, full of energy, and rather funny.  Two of the things that stick out the most is that she did the running man dance move during "Anything Can Happen".  It was just so unexpected and awesome all at the same time.  Second thing was that she made a comment about the cup that was provided for her.  It was one of the plastic mason jar looking cups that are so popular right now.  Ellie just held it up and talked about how she had never seen anything like that and that it was so cute.  It was funny to me because I love those cups!  I really just cannot say enough about how awesome the show was.  It was so fun to be there with Lauren and Mishel, rockin' out, and singing at the top of my lungs.  (Lauren, I love you and love that you were so willing to go to the concert and have a good time.  I love we have this special bond with music and  thanks for the great memories!)

IMG_4111

IMG_4116

IMG_4122

IMG_4126

IMG_4128

IMG_4130

IMG_4132

IMG_4136

The next morning Mishel and I woke up and decided to hit the temple. I called KayLee and we decided to meet at the Bountiful Temple for the morning session. It was so great to see her and get to spend some time with her, and it was such a beautiful morning! After the temple we went and had lunch at Zuppas down at Farmington Station and then stuck around there and had too much fun shopping. While we were shopping around, I got a call from my friend who's family own's Max's Zip-line down in Provo Canyon, she had invited us down to do it. We were pretty far away but we decided to go for it! We had to hurry back to the hotel to change first, but we made it to the zip-line right on time. I was so nervous at first, but once I got going I had no regrets. It was a total blast once you get over the initial jump off the platform. Provo Canyon is so beautiful too, I had no idea, it was just such a great experience, and super fun to see my cruise friend Andrea again. After the zip-line Mishel and I were starving and we were on the prowl for some sushi. I called D, the food queen and she suggested a place called Monster Sushi back at Farmington Station so that is where we headed. The food there was amazing!! I could not believe how much we ate, but it was too good to let it go to waste! At this point it was about 10pm and the night was still not over, so we decided to go all out and go see a movie!! We were totally living it up, kid free and no schedule, so we took full advantage. I think we were getting a little tired crazy, but it was so fun, I didn't care. We saw The Other Women which was okay, I think parts were funnier to me because I was so tired. After the movie we finally headed back to SLC to the hotel.

We slept in a little the next morning and took our time getting ready to head home, and even did a quick stop at Nordstroms and Down East for some last minute shopping. The drive home was great, we even stopped in IF to see a friend of Mishel's and had some Cafe Rio for lunch. Needless to say at this point I was ready to vomit from all of the amazing food we had, but it was worth it!!


IMG_4159

IMG_4149

IMG_4152

IMG_4162

IMG_4154

IMG_4161

IMG_4155

IMG_4157

It was just such a fun quick trip. I feel so lucky to have a friend like Mishel who lives so close to me and who I love dearly like a sister and for the chance we had to go to the concert and the temple and do all of the fun things we did.  I am super grateful for a hubby like Andy who will support me to do things like this and stay home and take the kids camping by himself!

No comments: