Friday, April 11, 2014

Fishin' with Gramps….

My Dad called and asked if I wanted to go fishing with him this week, I was so excited!  So I decided to take Porter out of school and take him with us.  It was such a pretty day, especially for April, we really lucked out.  We decided that we would float the Missouri River, which really is Gramps home away from home.  I felt a little out of place at the out in because I clearly was the only woman there out of all of the men that were putting their boats in the river that morning.  It was fun to see my Dad in his element and to hear him talk to Porter and teach him what to do.  We had a great time floating and we didn't catch a darn thing, just a Goldfish cracker or two.  When we got to the takeout there were no other people there, so my Dad started the couple mile walk back to the truck.  After my Dad had left, Porter decided to go with him, so he ran and caught up to him.  I know that walking back and hitch hiking is all part of the fishing thing, but it still makes me nervous…..but they made it back to me alive thanks to a truck picking them up and giving them a ride.  It was such a great day and I loved spending time with my Pa and Porter.

DSC_1370

DSC_1375

IMG_3988

IMG_3987

DSC_1378

DSC_1381

DSC_1383

DSC_1384

IMG_3992

No comments: