Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013….

I love the Thanksgiving time of year.  I love that it's fall, the kids get a break from school, we spend a lot of time together, we make lots of yummy food that we can't eat, and it's prep time for the Christmas holiday.  This year I started to make a lot of the food the day before, and of course, I had some great kitchen helpers.  Carlee and her friend Natalie "helped" by watching and being silly.  The thing that takes the most prep and time is the rainbow jello.  I don't even like jello, but it was a tradition in Andy's family, so I make it for him, and it looks so pretty.  Marin and Tessa helped Andy make the pies which was a huge mess, but oh so cute.

Thanksgiving day was great.  We had Nana and Gramps over, the missionaries, and our new friends Brett and Shay over.  It was a great group and so much fun.  I love after everyone is done eating and the kids run off screaming happily and playing and the adults just sit and relax waiting until the last possible minute to start the clean up.  Really everything about the day was just so fabulous and fun, I am so grateful for those we could share it with.
















No comments: