Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We reached the end of the road.....

In some ways, I cannot believe that it even happened, but it did, Andy graduated from his Emergency Medicine residency.  There really are no words to express how I am feeling and how proud I was to see him get up and receive his many plaques and his diploma.  It has been a long haul for the both of us with undergrad, medical school, and residency, but we did it.  Not only did Andy finish but he managed to do it with four children, a family, and we are even stronger now than ever before.  Andy is amazing and has been amazing throughout the whole process.  I can honestly say I don't know of any other dad's that can come home after working 16 hours and happily play with their children or go straight to the soccer games and take over entertaining the one year old.

Andy had a wonderful graduation night.  The hospital set up dinner/presentation at a country club in Avon and it was beautiful.  I love when they have an open bar and I order a Coke, the looks I get are priceless, and the bartenders always remind me that I can order ANYTHING I want. Anyway, not important, got distracted.  We were able to sit with our firends the O'Neils and the Groesbeck's.  It was just nice for all of us to be together and say our goodbyes.

I am so grateful for the whole experience of it all.  I think it made us more humble and better people.  I have a greater appreciation and belief in hard work.  I am also grateful for our families and for their constant support.  Thank you for the cards Andy received, it made Andy feel so special.  Thanks to our friends who supported us, and a special thanks to Sara for watching our kids that night so we could have some together time (I can't imagine going through all of that OH experience without you.)

     6-29-2012 003
Andy and I at Sara's when we dropped of the kiddos.

6-29-2012 005 Dinner

6-29-2012 006 Andy hugging his director Dr. Bloxdorf

6-29-2012 007
Blox braggin on Andy.....love it. He was emotional, Andy was emotional, it was so touching.

6-29-2012 009
Jef and Sarah, Todd and Loni, Andy and I, the mormon residents.....to funny. (side note, between all of us we have 12 children)

6-29-2012 013
The graduating ER residents.

6-29-2012 012 Andy and Blox messing around. I love that Andy has such a great experience at St.Johns and that he truly felt he could not have gotten a better medical education anywhere else.

No comments: